The OGC API family of standards is the new era of open specification services for serving geospatial data over the web. The standards are built on the legacy of the OGC Web Service standards (WCS, WFS, WMS, WMTS, and so on.). You can connect to an OGC API service in ArcGIS Pro by creating an OGC API server connection.
Learn more about the OGC API standards
Note:Currently, only the OGC API Features standard is supported in ArcGIS Pro. As more OGC API standards develop and mature, they will also be accessible through an OGC API server connection.
Add an OGC API server connection
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the Connections drop-down list and click New OGC API Server.
The Add OGC API Server Connection dialog box appears.
- Enter the URL of the OGC API server site you want to connect to in the Server URL text box. The URL varies depending on the site configuration.
- If the OGC API service you are connecting to has additional capabilities or requires a special key-value pair (for example, an api key), you can add custom request parameter names and values to the Custom request parameters section. Be aware that ArcGIS Pro cannot validate these additional parameters.
- Type your user name and password if appropriate.
- Click OK.
An OGC API connection file (.ogc) is created and saved in the project's home folder. An item referencing this connection file is added to the project, and the connection appears in the Servers folder on the Project tab of the Catalog pane.
- Expand the OGC API connection to view the layers present on the OGC API server. Right-click a layer and click either Add to new map or Add to current map to add a layer to the map. You can also add the service to the map by dragging it onto the map or into the Contents pane.