On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, the Edit button enables and disables editing tools and feature templates at the application level. It can help safeguard against unintentionally editing feature data without changing permissions at the data source.
- Enable editing —Enable all editing tools and feature templates.
- Disable editing —Disable all editing tools and feature templates.
Show or hide the Edit button
By default, the Edit button is hidden.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click the Options dialog box launcher .
- On the Options dialog box, click Editing.
- Expand Session and check Enable and disable editing from the Edit tab.
- Click OK to save your settings and close the dialog box.