Available with Defense Mapping license.
Available with Production Mapping license.
Supported surround elements from ArcMap documents can be imported to ArcGIS Pro. Your ArcMap surround elements are replaced by ArcGIS Pro elements on import.
The following surround elements can be imported in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 or later.
- Topographic North Arrows (Defense & US Topo)
- Meter Reference Guide (all variations, including Production Mapping US National Grid)
The following elements are not supported for import starting at ArcGIS Pro 2.4.
- TLM Conversion Graph
- JOG Elevation Tints
- JOG GeoRef Diagram
- Guide To Numbered Features
- Streets Index
- Graphic Table Element
Use the following steps to import an ArcMap document that contains surround elements.
- Inspect the ArcMap document you want to import and do any of the following:
- Delete unsupported ArcMap surround elements that are not in use in the document.
- Convert unsupported ArcMap elements to graphics.
Right-click the unsupported element in your layout and choose Convert To Graphics.
- Import an ArcMap document.
Your ArcMap elements are replaced by ArcGIS Pro elements on import.
Unsupported surround elements in an MXD are not imported into ArcGIS Pro.