The following is a high-level overview of the collection of user interface components that allow you to access and execute ArcGIS Roads and Highways functionality.
Location Referencing tab
ArcGIS Roads and Highways provides editing tools in ArcGIS Pro that allow you to identify LRS measure locations and perform LRS editing-related operations.
The Location Referencing tab allows you to perform the following route editing operations:
- Create routes.
- Extend routes.
- Retire routes or portions of routes.
- Reassign routes or portions of routes (also referred to as splitting or merging routes).
- Realign routes.
- Reverse the calibration of routes.
- Calibrate routes.
You can also perform the following editing operations for centerlines that make up routes:
- Split a centerline at a clicked location.
- Split a centerline at a measure location.
- Merge centerlines.
- Delete centerlines.
Roads and Highways contains the following geoprocessing tools for managing and converting data in the LRS:
- Append Events
- Append Routes
- Apply Event Behaviors
- Configure Lookup Table
- Create LRS
- Create LRS Event
- Create LRS Event From Existing Dataset
- Create LRS From Existing Dataset
- Create LRS Intersection
- Create LRS Intersection From Existing Dataset
- Create LRS Network
- Create LRS Network From Existing Dataset
- Delete Routes
- Derive Event Measures
- Disable Derived Measure Fields
- Disable Referent Fields
- Enable Derived Measure Fields
- Enable Referent Fields
- Generate Calibration Points
- Generate Events
- Generate Intersections
- Generate Routes
- Modify Event Behavior Rules
- Modify LRS
- Modify LRS Event
- Modify LRS Intersection
- Modify LRS Network
- Modify Network Calibration Rules
- Modify Route ID Padding
- Overlay Events
- Remove LRS Entity
- Remove Overlapping Centerlines
- Translate Event Measures
Roads and Highways for linear referencing capability
Roads and Highways Server extends ArcGIS Server to enable map services with the linear referencing capability and allows you to do the following:
- Edit events in a multilayer transactional manner.
- Translate coordinates to measures.
- Translate measures to coordinates.
- Translate measures from one linear referencing method (LRM) to another.
ArcGIS Event Editor
Event Editor is a web application delivered with Roads and Highways Server that can be configured against event data published in Roads and Highways Server with the Linear Referencing capability and allows you to do the following:
- Create and edit event data.
- Navigate network and event data on the map.
- Search routes.
- Change basemaps.
- Split and merge events.
- Identifying route measure locations.
- Select events by route, attribute, geometry, and proximity.
- Perform event quality control.
- Redline routes.
- Save web maps.
ArcGIS Roadway Reporter is a web app powered by Roads and Highways Server that allows you to create mileage and road segment reports from a map-centric user experience. Roadway Reporter allows you to do the following:
- Create mileage reports.
- Create segment reports.
- Export reports in PDF or CSV format.
- Save report configurations.
- Share report configurations.
- Modify report formats.