Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The ST_Geometry library contains new functionality or fixes at each ArcGIS release. You can upgrade the ST_Geometry type in your Oracle database using the Create Spatial Type geoprocessing tool or the CreateSpatialType ArcPy function.
The ST_Geometry library requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x64) when deployed on a Windows server. See Oracle database requirements for the package version required. If this package is not present on the server, download it from the Microsoft site and install it.
- Grant the following privileges to the sde user if it does not already have them:
- CREATE SESSION
- CREATE TABLE
- CREATE VIEW
- CREATE PROCEDURE
- CREATE SEQUENCE
- CREATE TRIGGER
- CREATE TYPE
- CREATE INDEXTYPE
- CREATE LIBRARY
- CREATE OPERATOR
- CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM
- DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM
- ADMINISTER DATABASE TRIGGER
- Download a new version of the st_shapelib (Windows) or libst_shapelib (Linux) from My Esri.
- Make a backup copy of or rename the existing st_shapelib (Windows) or libst_shapelib (Linux) library on the Oracle server.
- Place the new library in the same on the Oracle server where you had placed the old library originally.
If you place the library in a new location, you must update the library definition in Oracle. Be sure to use the library appropriate for your Oracle server operating system.
- Open a project in ArcGIS Pro, open the Catalog pane, and connect to the database as an Oracle sys database administrator.
This creates an .sde file in your project folder.
- To update the ST_Geometry type, subtypes, and functions in the database, run the Create Spatial Type geoprocessing tool or a Python script that uses the CreateSpatialType function. Use the .sde file you created in the last step for the database connection.