Use the Reconstruct From Seeds tool in the Tools gallery on the Quality tab to reconstruct parcels after modifying their lines.
The Reconstruct From Seeds tool is usually used with the Shrink To Seeds tool in a quality-driven workflow to modify parcel lines and reconstruct parcels.
The Reconstruct From Seeds tool works as follows:
- The tool reconstructs parcels from seeds enclosed by parcel lines in the map extent.
- The tool reconstructs parcels regardless of the parcel lines' associations with records.
If parcel lines are not associated with a record, they remain unassociated with a record when the parcel is reconstructed.
- The tool creates the parcel polygons from the enclosed loops of lines, updates record polygons, and creates missing points.
Reconstruct parcels in a workflow
To reconstruct parcels from seeds and updated lines, follow these steps:
- Select the parcels with lines to modify and click Shrink To Seeds in the Tools gallery on the Quality tab.
You can select and shrink multiple parcels to seeds, including overlapping parcels from different parcel types.
- If you are deleting and creating new lines, set the active record in the map so that new lines are associated to their record.
- Use editing tools to delete, create, or modify parcel lines.
- For example, use the Merge Collinear Parcel Boundaries geoprocessing tool to modify parcel lines.
- Use tools such as the Traverse tool and the Two-Point Line tool to create lines.
Tip:If there are multiple overlapping seeds from overlapping parcel types, ensure that you delete, create, or modify lines for each overlapping parcel type.
- After modifying or adding parcel lines, click Reconstruct From Seeds in the Tools gallery on the Quality tab to reconstruct parcels from the seeds and updated lines.
Parcels are reconstructed from all seeds enclosed by parcel lines in the map extent. The active record is not used.