After you have selected features, either interactively or using other methods such as through a query or in the attribute table, there are many ways you can work with the selection. The following are some of the tasks you can perform with selected features:
- Zoom to selected features. The Navigate and Selection groups on the Map tab contain a set of navigation tools that apply to selected features, or you can right-click a layer in the Contents pane to access these commands. You can also zoom to the selection by clicking the count of selected features in the lower corner of the map. Zooming to a single selected feature zooms to its full geometry, however, when zooming to a single selected point, the view zooms in a fixed percentage.
- View attribute values or edit them in the Attributes pane. On the Map tab or Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Attributes to display the pane.
- Clear selected features by clicking Clear or by clicking the map in a place where there are no features.
- Interact with the attribute table. Selecting features on your map simultaneously selects corresponding rows in the table. To open the table to see only the selected features, select the layer in the Contents pane. On the Data tab, in the Table group, click Table From Selection .
- Use the Copy Selected Rows button on the attribute table toolbar to copy the rows of attributes to the clipboard.
- Switch the selection. To deselect all the selected features and select all the deselected ones, right-click the layer in the Contents pane, point to Selection, and click Switch Selection .