Visit Esri Support for general support information on Esri's Supported Environment Policy.
Supported database versions
Data Warehouse Appliances
IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) v7.1 / IBM Netezza Analytics (INZA) v3.0
IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) v7.2 / IBM Netezza Analytics (INZA) v3.2
- See Connect to Netezza from ArcGIS for important information about configuring ODBC for Netezza.
- Geodatabase functionality is not supported with Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance database.
- If using the legacy Netezza Spatial Package, all spatial columns must be named, or aliased, to SHAPE for ArcGIS to recognize it as a spatial column in the table.
- Feature services are not supported with Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance.
- Any geoprocessing operation that writes information to the database requires the generation of unique ObjectID values. Netezza does not generate ObjectIDs; therefore, any tool that writes data to the database is not supported with Netezza.
- ArcGIS direct connect driver will not work with a Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance that is configured with a multiple schema support setting other than the default (enable_schema_dbo_check 0)
- Geospatial capability comes with the IBM Netezza Analytics software package, and there are two types of supported spatial libraries.
- nzSpatial—The legacy variant of the spatial library.
- nzSpatial_Esri—The Esri variant of the spatial library.
- *For further information about Netezza, visit http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/netezza/.
Software required to connect to a DBMS
Your client machine (for example, the one running ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Server) must have the appropriate client files installed for the RDBMS you're using. These client files are available from their respective RDBMS vendors, but some are also available from My Esri. RDBMS client files available from My Esri are IBM Db2 and Microsoft SQL Server. Client files for all other supported databases must be obtained from the RDBMS vendors. See Database clients for more information.