You can use the Geodatabase Connection Properties of the database connection or the Change Version dialog box within an active map to connect to a specific version in which you'd like to work. Depending on where the change is being made will determine the workflow used.
Database connection—geodatabase connection properties
When you first make a connection to an enterprise geodatabase using the Database Connection dialog box, the default settings for the connection is to use traditional versioning and connect using the default version. You can change the version you are connected to by opening Geodatabase Connection Properties dialog box.
For branch versioning the version list will only show the DEFAULT branch version when accessed via the Geodatabase Connection Properties.
Follow these steps to change which version you are connected to for the database connection:
- Connect to your geodatabase in the Databases folder in the Catalog pane.
- Right-click your database connection and click Geodatabase Connection Properties .
- Choose a Versioning Type: Traditional or Branch.
- If you chose Traditional, you can select which version to connect to by clicking either the default version or a named version from the list. If you chose Branch, your only option is to connect to the default version.
- Click OK.
Each time you use this connection, you will connect to the version you specified. To change to a different version, repeat these steps.
Within an active map—change version
When data is initially added to the map from an enterprise geodatabase or portal connection, the Default version is used unless the Geodatabase Connection Properties are modified to use a different version. You can change from one version to another using the Change Version dialog box. When you change versions, all layers in the map that share the same data source will be changed to the version you select.
For branch versioned datasets, the datasource must be from a feature service and not directly from an enterprise geodatabase connection.
Also, only one session of ArcGIS Pro should be connected as a named user to a named branch version. If a second connection is made from a second ArcGIS Pro session as the same user to the same version, all locks acquired and edits made during the first session will be cleared and any changes will be discarded.
Follow these steps to change versions within an active map:
- In the Contents pane, click the List By Data Source button.
- Right-click on the enterprise geodatabase or portal datasource you'd like to change versions for and click Change Version .
- Choose a version from the list and click OK.
When you change from one version to another, all layers present in the map change to the version you have chosen.
It is also possible to create a new version from the Versioning tab and change to this new version for active map layers.