Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The tool you use to create an enterprise geodatabase varies based on the underlying database management system and type of database user account you use when you run the tool.
Use the Create Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool to create a geodatabase in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL. This tool requires you to provide credentials for a database administrator and geodatabase administrator.
You can use the Enable Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool fo create a geodatabase in an existing database in any of the database types listed below. This tool requires you provide credentials for the geodatabase administrator.
The ArcGIS client version you use to run either of these tools determines the initial geodatabase version stored in the geodatabase.
For instructions, see the topic for the database management system you want to use:
- Create a geodatabase in Db2
- Create a geodatabase in Oracle
- Create a geodatabase in PostgreSQL (on Linux)
- Create a geodatabase in PostgreSQL (on Microsoft Windows)
- Create a geodatabase in SAP HANA
- Create a geodatabase in SQL Server