Large collections of associations can be imported into a utility network from a CSV file using the Import Associations tool.
During the import process, the CSV file is evaluated to ensure the features listed are present in the utility network. The import process also validates whether or not a rule exists allowing the associations to connect, contain, or attach. The CSV file can contain one type or a mixture of associations types (for example, only containment or containment, connectivity, and structural attachments). Any errors experienced during the import will result in the entire import process being rolled back. Review errors and inspect the CSV file before re-attempting the import process.
See Associations for more information on each type of association.
When importing a CSV file with a large number of associations, it is recommended to temporarily disable the network topology to increase the performance of the tool. Once the associations are imported, enable the network topology again.
To import network associations, the following requirements must be met:
- The CSV must be formatted correctly. Refer to the Import Associations tool for the CSV requirements.
- Rules must exist to support the associations in the CSV. If a rule is missing, an error will be returned and the entire import process will be rolled back.
To import network associations, complete the following steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Import Associations.
- For the Input Utility Network parameter, enter the utility network receiving the associations.
- From the Association Type drop-down parameter, choose the type of association to import.
- All—Import all associations in the input utility network.
- Connectivity—Import only junction-junction connectivity associations.
- Containment—Import only containment associations.
- Attachment—Import only structural attachment associations.
- Specify the name and location of the association CSV file in the Input File parameter.
See the Import Associations tool help for information on formatting the CSV file.
- Click Run to execute the tool.
The specified associations have been added to the selected utility network. If the network topology is disabled, enable it to reflect the associations between features.