A subnetwork represents a topological subpart in a tier where all connected features are defined by the same subnetwork controllers. Subnetwork controllers can be imported into a utility network from a CSV file.
- The Input Utility Network parameter must be from a database connection established as the database utility network owner.
- The connected ArcGIS Enterprise portal account must be the portal utility network owner.
Subnetwork controllers must be in the correct CSV format and contain the required columns.
- Features and terminals listed in the CSV file must be present in the utility network Device feature class and meet the prerequisites to be set as a subnetwork controller.
Import subnetwork controllers
To import subnetwork controllers into a utility network, complete the following steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Import Subnetwork Controllers.
- For the Input Utility Network parameter, specify a utility network.
- For the Input File parameter, specify the name and location of the CSV file containing the subnetwork controller.Refer to the Import Subnetwork Controllers tool help for the format of the CSV file.
- Click Run.
The specified CSV file containing the subnetwork controller or controllers is imported into the selected utility network. Rows are written to the subnetworks table and marked as dirty. Enable the network topology. Features listed in the CSV file are now set as subnetwork controllers.
Update the subnetwork or subnetworks for the imported subnetwork controllers to apply the name of the subnetwork to any connected features.