Available with Data Reviewer license.
Constraint rules are a form of data validation that can be used to enforce data integrity while creating and editing data. These rules are created using the Attribute Rules view and tab. The Attribute Rules view contains a list of rules configured for a specific geodatabase feature class or stand-alone table.
Attribute Rules view
The rule's details pane, in the Attribute Rules view, displays input parameters for the check and will vary depending on the type of check used to implement the rule. Each of these parameters has pop-up help that you can view by hovering over the information icon next to the parameter.
Attribute rules details pane
Rule and check type
The Attribute Rules tab contains tools for creating and managing attribute rules. The tab is automatically displayed when the Attribute Rules view is active.
Attribute Rules tab
Ready to Use Rules, which contain Reviewer checks
Rule management tools
Author a constraint rule
Complete the following steps to create a constraint rule:
- In the Catalog pane, expand the enterprise geodatabase connection that contains features that require automated validation.
Attribute rules are currently only supported on datasets in an enterprise geodatabase. The minimum client version required to access a dataset with attribute rules is ArcGIS Pro 2.1.
- Right-click a feature class or a stand-alone table and click Design > Attribute Rules.
The Attribute Rules view and tab appear.
The view is read-only when accessed from a web feature layer or a database connection using a non-data owner user account.
- On the Attribute Rules tab, click Ready to Use Rules and click the check required to implement the rule.
- In the check's details pane, in the Attribute Rules view, configure the check's required parameters, indicated by a red asterisk next to the parameter name. When all required parameters contain valid values, the rule is ready for use.
Rules highlighted in red are invalid and will not be stored when the project is saved. Help for rule errors is available and can be viewed by hovering over the row header.
- Optionally configure the parameters contained in the Details section to facilitate data quality reporting and corrective workflows.
- Click Save on the Attribute Rules tab to save your new rules in the geodatabase.
- Close the Attribute Rules view to exit rule design, or create another rule from the Ready to Use Rules gallery.