In the Modify Features pane, Fillet creates a tangent circular arc between two segments by reshaping the first segment and trimming the second segment. It is available for line and polygon features.
You can specify the radius by dragging or typing a fixed radial value. A preview of your edit appears on the map before you click to apply the fillet.
Creating a fillet does not require a selection. For example, you can click two straight lines that connect a street curb at 90 degrees and reshape them to include a rounded curb between them.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand Reshape and click Fillet .
The tool opens in the pane.
- To apply a fixed radius, check Fixed Radius and type the radial distance.
- Create the fillet.
- Click the segment you want to reshape to include a tangent circular arc.
- Click the other line to which you want to connect the arc.
A dashed line preview appears. If you did not specify a fixed radius, drag the pointer to specify the radius.
- Click to apply the fillet.