In the Modify Features pane, Move can move topology nodes that appear at edge endpoints and edge intersections when you enable map topology on the Edit tab. Moving a node stretches the connected edges and inserts any requisite vertices for intersecting segments.
Enabling Stretch Topology rubber sheets features and attempts to preserve their relative shape by also moving vertices that lie between the selected edge and the nearest node connections.
Move a node
Moving a topology node can be a quick way to move coincident vertices or insert vertices to overlapping features where they intersect. You can move the selection anchor and use it to snap to other features.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click the Map Topology drop-down arrow and enable map topology.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features appears.
- In the pane, expand Alignment and click Move .
The tool opens in the pane.
- Click the Edges tab.
The topology graph highlights in the map.
- Click Select , press the N key and drag a selection around the node you want to move.
The selected features appear in a list, they highlight in the map, and the editing toolbar appears with topology tools.
- To refine the selection, do the following:
- Click Toggle Selection to add or remove a feature from the selection.
- Uncheck a feature to temporarily disable editing for an individual feature.
- To manage the selection, right-click a feature and use the following commands:
- Flash —Flashes the selected features in the map.
- Zoom To —Zooms the view to the selected features.
- Pan To —Pans the view to the selected features.
- Only Select This —Removes all other features from the selection.
- Unselect —Removes the feature from the selection.
- On the Edit tab in the Snapping group, enable your snapping preferences.
- To move the selection anchor, press Ctrl and drag the anchor.
You can use the anchor to snap to features.
- Drag the selected node to the new location.
Coincident edges also move and any edges connected to its endpoints stretch and remain connected.
- On the editing toolbar, click Finish or press the F2 key to apply your changes.
If your edits break the topology graph, the message Edit operation failed appears, and your changes are canceled.