Gain greater insights about a location by using the interactive Infographics tool. These small, dynamic charts and reports, which display as a pop-up on your map, can be configured to present information from a wide range of data collections. Infographics can help you answer location-based questions, such as:
- How many households are in an evacuation zone?
- What is the average household size in a ZIP Code?
- Does a proposed location have enough people to justify the grant application?
- How much of an area contains wetlands?
- What types of neighborhoods are within 10 minutes of a site?
- How much is an area spending on groceries?
Infographics leverage the Esri GeoEnrichment service to provide instant access to Esri demographic and landscape data collections. You need to be signed in with an ArcGIS Organizational account with available credits to use the service.
Infographics are based on Esri demographic data. To find out about available data collections from around the world, see the Esri Demographics Data website.
The infographics tool is located on the Map tab in the Inquiry group. To configure infographics, click the Infographics drop-down menu and choose Configure Infographics . On the infographics Configuration Window you can configure the following:
- Variables—Demographic and landscape data you want to display. A default list is provided, but is customizable. Click Add Variable to browse the available categories. The variables stored under My Variables will be available in the My Variables template.
- Buffer size for points and lines—The size of the buffer around the point or line feature that will be used to calculate the variables.
Infographic templates can be customized using the Business Analyst web app and shared to your organization.