The information displayed in a report comes directly from geographic data attribute information or from a stand-alone table.
Set the data source in the Create New Report pane
The data source of a report must be defined in the Create New Report pane to create a report.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click New Report to open the Create New Report pane.
- In the Create New Report pane, review or update the Report Name field.
- Click the Browse button to browse to the data source. Click OK.
- Click Next to set the Filter the data options, or click Finish to generate the report view using the current configuration.
Alter the report source in the Report Properties dialog box
You can change the underlying data source of a report after it has been created on the Report Properties dialog box.
When you change the data source of a report, an identical schema is required. If a report field does not exist in the new schema, that field appears blank when viewed.
- Right-click the report title and select Properties.
- On the Source tab, next to Data source, click the Change data source button to change the underlying data source.
- For Rows, choose either All rows or Filter by expression.
- Click OK to apply this change.