After you've created a map or layout, you may want to share your map or layout by printing it.
- Make sure a map or layout is your active view.
- On the Share tab, in the Print group, click Map or Layout , depending on the active view.
- Under Select Printer, click the printer you want to use. You can also add a new printer by clicking Find Printer, or check the Print to file check box to create a print-ready file to send to a printer later.
- Click Preferences to open your printer driver's settings. Make sure you choose the appropriate paper size and orientation on your printer. Click OK to return to the Print dialog box.
- If you are printing a layout, the Print Properties tab has additional properties that can be used to tile a larger layout onto a series of smaller pages, including overlap options.
- You can tile larger layouts when your printer's selected page size does not match your layout's page size. Tiling creates many smaller pages that can be reassembled into a larger page.
- When tiling is enabled, you can choose to allow some overlap of each tile to compensate for unprintable areas at the edges of each tile, and to make it easier to reassemble the large sheets.
- You can draw overlap guides to print a faint dotted line on each tile of your layout. In most cases, it is recommended to display the guide lines to help with matching the areas of overlap.
- Click OK to print, or click Apply to commit your options without sending the job to the printer.