The ModelBuilder tab on the Options dialog box provides options related to the models that you run in ArcGIS Pro. There are three ways to access these options:
- From an open project, click the Project tab on the ribbon. In the list of side tabs, click Options. On the Options dialog box, click the ModelBuilder tab to set model options.
- From the ArcGIS Pro start page, click the Settings tab. In the list of side tabs, click Options. On the Options dialog box, click the ModelBuilder tab to set model options.
- Alternatively, on the ModelBuilder tab, in the Model group, click the Options dialog box launcher .
Set options for ModelBuilder
You can change whether model outputs will be added to a dedicated group layer and whether the ModelBuilder toolbar will be expanded or collapsed.
Add output to a model group layer
When running a model in the ModelBuilder window, you can add output datasets to a map by right-clicking an output data variable and selecting Add To Display. If the tool has already run, the data is added to the map. If the tool has not yet run, the data is added to the map after the tool runs. For easier management of the layers, the output is added under a dedicated ModelBuilder group layer in the Contents pane. The layer name includes both the ModelBuilder variable name and the value of the variable.
To disable the adding of outputs to a ModelBuilder group layer, uncheck the Add output to model group layer check box.
Show expanded toolbar
The ModelBuilder toolbar provides basic model operations within a model view, such as save, validation, and run. The toolbar can be expanded or collapsed in a model view. To expand the toolbar by default for every model, check the Show expanded toolbar option.
Set options for model diagram
You can change the font, layout, and link options for your model by changing the settings in this section. These settings are applied only to new models.
Font options for new model
The font options determine the font type, size, color, style, and alignment for a new model. By default, the font settings are set to the following:
- Type—Segoe UI
Auto Layout options for orientation
This option controls the diagram orientation for a new model. The orientation set here will be will displayed in the ModelBuilder ribbon for a new model. By default, the orientation is set to Left to Right. You can set the orientation of a new model to the following options:
- Left to Right
- Right to Left
- Top Down
- Bottom Up
Link Type options for routing
This option controls the diagram link type for a new model. The link type set here will be displayed in the ModelBuilder ribbon for a new model. By default, the link type is set to Polyline. You can set the link type of a new model to the following options:
- Bezier—The connector segments will be Bézier curves.
- Cascading—The connector segments will be horizontal and vertical lines, each one orthogonal to its adjacent segments.
- Polyline—The connector segments will be straight lines.
- Spline—The connector segments will be curves forming an interpolating spline that passes through all control points.