The ModelBuilder Report view shows all the variables and tools in a model along with each element's value and other properties. To open the Report view for an open model, click the Report button in the ModelBuilder pane. Each model is linked to its report view, and closing the model will close the linked report view automatically.
The report is categorized into two sections, Variables and Processes. Selecting any variable or process will select and pan to the matching model element in the model view.
The report's Processes section lists a model's tools. Each process can be expanded to show Parameters and Messages sections.
- Each Parameters section includes a list of tool parameters. Each parameter lists the Name, Data Type, Value, Parameter Type (Required, Optional, or Derived), and Direction (Input or Output) properties. Some tool parameters may be model variables, which results in matching entries in both the Parameters and Variables sections.
- The Messages section includes all tool messages including errors, warnings, and informative messages. This section only appears if the tool is in the has been run state.
The Reports view can be filtered to show a subset of variables and processes. Switch Views in the report view toolbar to display specific elements.
- All—All elements in the model are shown.
- Inputs—Only input variables in the model are shown.
- Outputs—Only output variables in the model are shown.
- Parameters—Only variables marked as model parameters are shown.
- Tools—Only the Tools section of the report is shown.
- Errors—Only tools that have failed are shown.
Reports provide a flattened view of all the elements in the model, with their properties and values making a more direct way to edit values and element names. Models and model reports are both editable and kept in sync in the following ways:
- The Auto Sync button on the report.
- The Refresh button on the report. The following lists three refresh states:
- Disabled—There are no pending edits to refresh in the report view. The Refresh button is always disabled when AutoSync is enabled.
- Enabled—There are one or more pending edits in the report view. The report can still be edited when the Refresh button is enabled.
- Enabled with a red dot—There are one or more pending edits in the report view. Click the Refresh button before making any further edits to the report.
- The Save button on the ModelBuilder ribbon after activating the model view.
- Auto Sync is enabled by default. It can be turned off for larger models, as syncing calls validates each time for all the downstream tools from the tool or the element that is being edited.
- The variables Name and Value are editable by clicking the pencil button or double-clicking the cell. Editing a variable value opens the variable dialog box, similar to editing from a model view.
- The Name of an element can be edited in place and requires a refresh after each edit if Auto Sync is turned off. The refresh is needed to avoid name conflicts, as a model can only have unique names, and this could affect the downstream dependency in processes using the name of the element being edited.