To save a model manually, click the Save button . To save a model automatically, enable the Auto Save button .
Save a model manually
To manually save a model that is open in ModelBuilder, do one of the following:
- Click the Save button to save the model in its current state.
- Click the drop-down menu below the Save button , and click the Save As button to save the model with a different name or to a different toolbox.
When you save a model, the contents of all variables and parameters are saved as well as the state of each process and the appearance and layout of the model diagram.
When you save a model from an earlier version of ArcGIS Pro, a dialog box appears prompting you to save the model to the current version.
Save a model automatically
You can set a model to save automatically by enabling the Auto Save button on the ModelBuilder tab. When this button is turned on, the model is saved as soon as edits are made. The setting is honored during the session and is turned off when the model closes.
Saving a model automatically is only supported if the model was created or saved in the current version of ArcGIS Pro. If a model was created or saved in a previous version of ArcGIS Pro, click the Save button to save the model to the current version. This enables the Auto Save button , which you can click to have the model save automatically as you work.
Save a model to ArcGIS Desktop
To save a model to a version of ArcGIS Desktop, complete the following steps:
- In the Catalog pane, right-click the toolbox containing the model.
- Click the Save Toolbox To Version option.
The Save Toolbox To Version tool opens in the Geoprocessing pane.
- Specify a Target Version parameter option and a path for the Output Toolbox parameter. Then run the tool.
The contents of the toolbox are saved to the chosen version.
After saving a model to a version of ArcGIS Desktop, you can use the new model in both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro.