Available with Image Analyst license.
The Standalone Video tab is contextual and is enabled when a video is selected in the Contents pane. The tools on the Standalone Video tab allow you to manage your video data. This tab is organized into groups: Open, Bookmarks, Save, Synchronization, and Manage.
The Open group consists of the following two tools:
- The Video Player button opens any video in the Standalone Video group in the Contents pane.
- The Metadata Player button opens any video in the Standalone Video group in the Contents pane.
The Bookmarks drop-down button contains tools to view, create, manage, import, and save bookmarks.
- Click the New Bookmark button to collect a new bookmark and open a dialog box to type the name and description.
- Click the Manage Bookmarks button to open the Manage Bookmarks pane, which lists the bookmarks for a video along with tools to manage them. The list can be presented in Outline mode or Gallery mode, which displays a thumbnail of the bookmark. You can add or edit bookmark descriptions and search for specific bookmarks. There are three tools for working with individual bookmarks:
- Zoom To—Zooms to the bookmarked position in the video player based on the time stamp recorded in the bookmark.
- Pan To—Pans to the bookmarked position in the video player.
- Remove—Deletes a bookmark.
- Click the Export Bookmarks button to export all bookmarks from the active map or scene and save them into a specified bookmark file (.bkmx).
- Click the Import Bookmark button to import bookmarks from bookmark files (.bkmx, .dat) onto the map or scene.
- Click the Ignore Time toggle button on to ignore time when zooming to a bookmark.
- Click the Ignore Range toggle button on to ignore range when zooming to a bookmark.
- Click the Show Descriptions toggle button on to display bookmark descriptions.
The tools in the Save group save specific videos, frame images, and video information to the specified location. These tools also exist on the video player. See Full Motion Video player for more details.
The Synchronziation group provides tools to synchronize multiple videos. It contains the Map Time To Video tool, which synchronizes the map time with the date and time of the video. Click the clock button in the map to show all the features with time stamps that match the current video time stamp. The feature layer must be time enabled and loaded in the Contents pane and active in the map. Video to map synchronization frequency (seconds) can be set in FMV Options.
The Manage group provides tools for managing videos, frame images, and associated information. It contains two tools: Configure Workspace and Video Feeds.
- Configure Workspace—Define your workspace geodatabases and folders defaults. This allows you to export the different types of data extracted from your videos to the default locations. Click the Configure Workspace button in the Manage group to open the workspace definition pane. Define your default geodatabase and folders to save exported metadata files, images, PowerPoint presentations, and video clips for your project.
The default workspace setting for saving video data is your project geodatabase, with appropriate subdirectories automatically set up for the different types of exported data.
- Video Feeds—View and manage a list of video feeds. Click the Video Feeds button to open the Video Feeds pane, which lists the name of the live feed, its source, and its status. The status of the video feed is indicated with an active icon or inactive icon . Options include listing disconnected videos and importing and exporting videos. Right-click the feed to reopen a feed that was previously closed, open a feed, refresh feed status, remove a feed, or edit feed details such as source and name.