Available with Spatial Analyst license.
You can run the suitability and locate steps of the Suitability Modeler in ArcGIS Pro locally or on servers.
The following are examples of when you may want to run the model on servers:
- The source rasters for the input criteria are big data, and you want to improve the processing speeds.
- The criteria are web imagery layers on servers, and you want to maintain processing speeds.
- You want to create web imagery layers of the resulting suitability and locate maps to share on servers.
Access and requirements
To perform suitability modeling using ArcGIS Pro as a client to servers, certain requirements must be met. You need a Spatial Analyst extension license to access the Suitability Modeler. You must also be connected to an ArcGIS Enterprise portal that has ArcGIS Image Server configured for raster analytics.
Run the suitability model
This workflow explains how to run the suitability step of the model on servers.
- Sign in to the server.
- Input the criteria and set the transformations.
Only criteria that are web imagery layers can be included in the model. You can create web imagery layers from any criteria whose source is pointing to local raster datasets. For details on how to perform that operation, see the following section. Alternatively, if a web imagery layer of the criterion already exists, you can replace the raster dataset with the web imagery layer using the drop-down list or browsing to it.
- Click the Suitability tab and select Web imagery layer in the Ouput type drop-down list.
- Click Run on the Suitability tab.
A web imagery layer of the suitability map is created.
Create a web imagery layer from a local raster dataset
This workflow explains how to create a web imagery layer from a local raster dataset.
- In the Suitability Modeler, click the Sources tab.
- Click the Share as Web imagery layer button next to the criterion in the Transformed raster dataset list.
- Complete the settings in the Share As Web Layer dialog box.
- Click Publish.
A web imagery layer is created.
Run the locate model
This workflow explains how to run the locate step on servers.
- Click the Locate tab.
- Select Web imagery layer from the Output type drop-down list.
- Click Run.
A web imagery layer of the locate map is created.
If you are not signed in to a server, the Output type parameter is not available on either the Suitability or Locate tab.
All the transformed criteria must be web imagery layers for the Web imagery layer option in the Output type parameter to be available on the Suitability tab.
If the input suitability map to the Locate tab is not a web imagery layer, the Web imagery layer option in the Output type parameter is not available.
ArcGIS Pro is a client to servers when creating web imagery layers from the Suitability and Locate tabs.