Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the IPS extension.
Survey paths are linear features that represent the predefined paths where you plan to record a survey using ArcGIS IPS Setup. You can create survey paths in ArcGIS Pro or in Map Viewer from your ArcGIS organization before going on-site. Survey path features are stored in the IPS Recordings feature class and can be loaded in the IPS Setup mobile app.
Survey paths can later be edited in IPS Setup if they do not meet the surveyor's needs and cannot be followed as planned (for example, if the floor plan has changed or does not match the floor plan data in the IPS workspace).
Complete the following steps to create pathway features in ArcGIS Pro:
- Open the project that contains the floor plan data in ArcGIS Pro.
- Add the IPS Recordings feature class to the map.
- Optionally, configure the IPS Recordings layer as floor aware.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Create .
The Create Features pane appears and lists the feature templates defined for the active map.
- In the Create Features pane, click the IPS Recordings feature template.
The IPS Recordings template expands, showing the tool palette.
- On the IPS Recordings template, click Active template .
The tool palette and the feature attribute table for the IPS Recordings template appear.
- In the attribute table, set the field values as follows:
The site ID of the site feature for which you are creating IPS Recordings features
The facility ID of the facility feature for which you are creating IPS Recordings features
The level ID of the level feature for which you are creating IPS Recordings features
The current date
This field is automatically populated by a calculation attribute rule with the current date when a new feature is created in a feature class in a file or enterprise geodatabase. If you are creating a survey path in a feature service that does not reference registered data, you must manually populate this field.
- In the Create Features pane, click Line to create a line feature.
- Draw the line where you want to sketch a survey path, as shown in the example below.
- Add IPS Recordings features as necessary.
Change the Site ID, Facility ID, and Level ID field values to match the IDs of the site, facility, and level on which the IPS Recording feature is located each time you create one.
- Save your edits.
You can now prepare a map for use in IPS Setup. Survey paths created in the IPS Recordings feature class are available when you share the web map and open it in IPS Setup.