Available with the ArcGIS Indoors Pro or ArcGIS Indoors Maps extension.
With ArcGIS Indoors, you can create and manage floor plan data in ArcGIS Pro and share floor-aware maps and services for use in web and mobile apps.
The ArcGIS Indoors product data installation package is available from My Esri. This includes support files such as map templates, attribute rules, and symbology that can be used to create floor-aware maps.
One of the following is required:
- ArcGIS Enterprise for a portal connection
- An ArcGIS Online organization
ArcGIS Indoors has three licensing options that can be configured through an ArcGIS organization on ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise:
- ArcGIS Indoors Maps—An organization extension that is automatically available to all organization members.
- ArcGIS Indoors Spaces—An organization extension that is automatically available to all organization members. ArcGIS Indoors Spaces is an add-on to the ArcGIS Indoors Maps license and is not available without ArcGIS Indoors Maps.
- ArcGIS Indoors Pro—An add-on license that requires organization members to be individually assigned a license.
ArcGIS Indoors Maps, ArcGIS Indoors Spaces, and ArcGIS Indoors Pro licenses are supported at ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and later, ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and later, and the current release of ArcGIS Online.
Create floor plan data
Floor plan data consists of feature layers that conform to the ArcGIS Indoors Information Model, defining the boundaries of your site (campus), facilities (buildings and other structures), levels (floors), units (occupiable spaces), and details (walls, doors, and other features), and is the basis for visualization in floor-aware maps. You can further enhance floor plan data by adding floor-aware layers that include features such as occupants, events, work orders, or assets.
Establishing an indoor GIS begins with creating the floor plan that conforms to the Indoors model. At a high level, this process includes the following:
Create a routable network
Optionally, you can enhance your indoor GIS with a routable network to support navigation. At a high level, this process includes the following:
- Create the indoor network dataset.
- Generate pathways.
- Generate floor transitions.
- Thin the indoor pathways.
- Create landmark points.
- Rank pathways.
- Connect buildings and make any final network feature updates.
- Create the final network dataset.
- Optionally, add route barriers.
Create additional data
You may have additional data to add to your indoor workspace, such as occupants, events, work orders, or other points or areas of interest (such as sanitizer stations, furniture, or bike racks).
If your feature classes include features that are located indoors, add a Level ID field to associate each feature with the floor on which it resides. This field value must match the Level ID field value of the Levels feature on which it is located, and allows you to configure the layer as floor-aware and visualize data using the floor filter in ArcGIS Pro. If a feature is located outside, leave the field value as <Null>. Features with a null field value will not be filtered by the floor filter.
Create and share a floor-aware map
Once you have added data to your indoor workspace, configure your map as floor aware. Floor-aware maps can be shared for use in apps, including the following:
- ArcGIS Indoors apps—Floor-aware maps are required to create apps using Indoor Viewer, Indoor Space Planner, Floor Plan Editor, Indoors for Android, and Indoors for iOS.
- ArcGIS Field Maps—Floor-aware maps allow mobile workers to view indoor feature layers that contain information about floors and buildings and use the floor filter to visualize indoor assets by floor.
- ArcGIS Experience Builder—If you use a floor-aware map to create an app in Experience Builder, you can add the Floor Filter widget to visualize and interact with floor plan data.
- Map Viewer—You can share floor-aware maps to your ArcGIS organization on Enterprise or ArcGIS Online and use the floor filter in Map Viewer to explore floor-aware data. You can also modify floor-aware properties or make a map floor-aware, provided it contains the required layers and fields.
Map authoring for Indoors apps
The map authoring process is different based on which Indoors apps you deploy and what functionality you plan to use.
Indoors for iOS or Indoors for Android
You can also configure your database for issue reporting with ArcGIS Survey123.
Indoor Space Planner
Prepare a map to use in Space Planner.
Indoor Floor Plan Editor
Share to your Enterprise portal
Once your floor-aware map (and optional scene) is ready, you can share it as a web map to your Enterprise portal so that Indoor Viewer and Space Planner can access it. Additional configuration is required in the apps.
Share to ArcGIS Online
Once you have prepared your floor-aware map (and optional scene), you can share it as a web map to ArcGIS Online so that Indoor Viewer and Space Planner can access it. Additional configuration is required in the apps.