Available with the ArcGIS Indoors Pro or ArcGIS Indoors Maps extension.
Categories and category groups configured in ArcGIS Pro are shared with the web map for use in Indoor Viewer and the Indoors mobile apps. You can update the configured categories and category groups if you originally shared the map to your ArcGIS organization as a feature layer-based or map image layer-based web map. The following sharing configurations are supported:
- Reference registered data—Editable
- Reference registered data—Exploratory
- Copy all data—Exploratory
- Copy all data—Editable
Complete the following steps to update categories for a web map published to your ArcGIS organization:
- Open ArcGIS Pro.
- Sign in to the ArcGIS organization to which you shared your web map with configured categories.
- In the Catalog pane, click Portal and browse to the web map you want to update.
- Right-click the map and click Add And Open .
The original web map is converted to the ArcGIS Pro map format and is added to the project.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click the Indoors drop-down arrow and click Configure Indoors Categories .
The Configure Indoors Categories pane appears and displays the configured categories and category groups.
If you have categories configured for work orders and the features are displayed as empty in the Explore view, set a field for the Subtitle parameter in the category’s field mappings. This field mapping only affects how work orders are displayed in ArcGIS Pro and does not affect how work orders are displayed in the Explore panel in the Indoors apps.
- Add, delete, or modify categories and category groups as needed.
You can add new feature layers, web feature layers, and map image layers to the map and configure categories for them. If you add new feature layers to the web map they are shared as separate feature layers or map image layers.
- On the Share tab, in the Manage group, click Save Web Map .
The Save Web Map pane appears.
- Update configurations as needed.
- Under Finish Saving, click Analyze to check for problems.
Errors and warnings are listed on the Messages tab. Right-click a message to open its help topic or take corrective action in the software. You must resolve errors before you can save the web map. Resolving warnings is recommended but not required.
- After you have resolved errors, and optionally resolved warnings, click Save to update the web map in your ArcGIS organization.
Indoor Viewer apps configured using this web map automatically display the updated category configuration the next time they are loaded.