Routes contain valuable measurement information. Finding a route allows you to provide a measure value without having to know the exact coordinates of the route.
Find route records
To access the Find Routes pane, the active map must contain an m-aware linear feature.
- Do one of the following to open the Find Routes pane:
- On the ribbon, click the Map tab and click the bottom half of the Locate button in the Navigate group. From the drop-down menu, click Find Routes.
- On the Linear Referencing contextual tab set, click the contextual Data tab and click the Find Routes button.
- Click the Route Reference drop-down arrow and select a layer.
- Click the Route Identifier drop-down arrow and select a field.
- Click the Route drop-down arrow and select a value.
- Optionally, set the type as Point or Line.
- For Point, select Point and provide a Location value.
- For Line, select Line and provide a From value and a To value.
- Click Find Routes.
The Find Routes pane currently supports simple features.