You can delete a network diagram using the Delete Diagrams command , available in the Find Diagrams pane, or by running the Delete Diagram geoprocessing tool.
The workflow below explains how to delete diagrams in the Find Diagrams pane.
This workflow only applies to standard diagrams. There is a specific workflow for subnetwork system diagrams.
Requirements and prerequisites
The requirements and prerequisites to delete network diagrams are as follows:
- Since this operation is transactional, edits must be saved before it is run.
- This operation must be run from either a utility network or trace network in a file or mobile geodatabase, a utility network service, or a trace network service. When working with a utility network or trace network in an enterprise geodatabase, the input must be from a service.
- When working with a utility network or trace network in an enterprise geodatabase, any users can delete any network diagram they own and any public diagrams. The only exceptions are subnetwork system diagrams related to a utility network. For those diagrams, the portal utility network owner is the only profile who has deletion rights.
- When working with a utility network in a file or mobile geodatabase, the utility network may have been created without the utility network owner. In this situation, the only way to delete subnetwork system diagrams is to disable the network topology. This causes all subnetwork system diagrams to be no longer flagged as system diagrams, so their deletion is allowed.
Delete diagrams using the Find Diagrams pane
To delete network diagrams from the Find Diagrams pane, complete the following steps:
- Open a map view that references either a network diagram layer or a utility network or trace network layer.
- Click the network diagram layer or the utility network or trace network layer in the Contents pane so the Network Diagram contextual tab or the utility network or trace network contextual tab set becomes available.
- Click Find either on the Utility Network or Trace Network tabs, or on the Network Diagram tab in the ribbon.
In both cases, the Find Diagrams pane appears. As explained in Search for network diagrams in the database, the Find Diagrams pane offers various functions to refine a diagram search.
- Set up the pane options you need—for example, zoom in on the map part of the diagrams you want to delete and ensure the Cover parts of the active map extent option is checked.
- Click Refresh at the bottom of the list to refresh the diagram list.
- Click the diagram item or items you are interested in so they are checked in the list, and then right-click anywhere in the list and click Delete Diagrams in the context menu.
To delete several diagrams, press Shift and click each diagram item you want to delete before clicking Delete Diagrams.
The Delete Diagrams command is unavailable in the context menu in the following situations:
- The diagram selected in the list is neither public nor owned by you.
- You are working with a utility network and there are subnetwork system diagrams selected in the list, and the portal utility network owner is the not the one connected to the portal.