Use the Merge Points tool in the Tools gallery on the Quality tab to merge two or more selected parcel fabric points. Points are merged to a chosen parcel fabric point.
The tool can merge both stand-alone points and points that are connected to parcel lines and polygons. When merging points that are connected to parcel polygons and lines, dangling lines and sliver polygons are removed.
Merging parcel points is a useful tool for improving data quality in the parcel fabric. Duplicate points can be merged into a single point, and connected dangling lines and sliver polygons created by duplicate points can be removed at the same time.
To merge parcel fabric points, follow these steps:
- Click Merge Points in the Tools gallery on the Quality tab to open the Merge Parcel Points pane.
- To merge points that are connected to parcel lines and parcel polygons ensure that the Allow removal of lines and polygons between merged points option at the bottom of the pane is chosen.
Ensure that Show Preview is chosen to see a preview of the topological connectivity between parcel lines, points, and polygons when the points are merged. Blue lines are drawn on the map to indicate the updated topological connectivity.
- Use the Select tool to select two or more parcel points.
- Choose the point to preserve and merge to under Points to merge.
- Update the merged point attributes under Merge Point Attributes if necessary.
- Click Merge to merge the selected points.
Note:Historic points lines and polygons are not created for merged points. Merged points, dangling parcel lines, and sliver polygons are deleted.