A Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) delivers pregenerated georeferenced map images. A WMTS service may contain one or more styles, dimensions, or tiling schemes to specify how the WMTS layer is to be displayed.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click Connections > Server > New
WMTS Server .
The Add WMTS Server Connection dialog box appears.
- Type the URL of the WMTS server site you want to connect to in the Server URL text box.
The URL varies depending on the site configuration.
- Specify the Version number of the server, if applicable.
- If the WMTS server you are connecting to has additional capabilities, expand the Custom request parameters section and type the custom request parameters specific to this WMTS server as a parameter list.
ArcGIS Pro cannot validate these additional parameters.
- Type your user name and password, if appropriate. To save the user name and password information to Windows Credential Manager or as a connection file, check the Save Username/Password check box.
- Click OK.
A WMTS connection file (.wmts) is created and saved in the project's home folder. An item referencing this connection file is added to the project, and the connection appears in the Catalog pane and the catalog view.
Right-click the WMTS service in the Catalog pane to add the service to the current map or a new map. Expand the WMTS connection in the Catalog pane to access its layers. You can right-click a layer to add it to the current map or a new map. You can also add the layer by dragging it to the map view or the Contents pane.