An ArcGIS StreetMap Premium Live Traffic license and the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension are required for this workflow.
Using a live traffic service with ArcGIS StreetMap Premium allows you access to high-quality live traffic data that can improve the results of Network Analyst functions such as routing. This is in addition to the historical traffic data provided with StreetMap Premium. Live traffic as a service is available for an additional fee as part of the ArcGIS StreetMap Premium product. Esri Customer Service will provide access to the ArcGIS Online World Traffic Service through your ArcGIS Online account after purchase.
Use live traffic
To use live traffic in ArcGIS Pro, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your ArcGIS Online account.
- In the Catalog pane, browse to the folder where the StreetMap Premium .gdb file and network dataset (Routing_ND) are stored.
- Right-click Routing_ND and click Properties.
- In the Network Dataset Properties dialog box, click Traffic, and click the Live Traffic tab.
- Under Traffic Feed Type, click the Service option.
If you signed in successfully to ArcGIS Online, under Portal, you will see a green check mark next to the ArcGIS Online World Traffic Service URL. Otherwise, a red exclamation point indicates that live traffic is not available through this portal. In the Portal drop-down list, select https://www.arcgis.com.
You can select the Folder option to specify a download folder for the live traffic dynamic traffic format (DTF) files. To use this option, you need a custom application tool to download the live traffic files as needed and use the files from this folder when you are running a network analyst function or redrawing the network dataset.
- Once the live traffic feed is available, from the Region drop-down list, choose the appropriate area of interest or region, for example, NorthAmericaTrafficFeed.
The five StreetMap Premium regions are available (Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, and North America). Live traffic dynamic traffic format (DTF) files for your region will automatically download as needed whether you are running a Network Analyst function or redrawing the network dataset.
- Click OK on the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
Live traffic is now available to use in any Network Analyst function.
For additional details about configuring live traffic, refer to the Network Analyst documentation.