You can export selected records or all records in a table to create a new table. For example, you may want to modify a table without altering the original records, share the table with a colleague, or create a table with a particular set of records.
You can save the output table in a dBASE table, geodatabase, or comma-delimited .txt file.
Export a table from a map
To export records in a table to create a new table, complete the following steps:
- Right-click the table or layer in the Contents pane and click either Open for a table or Attribute Table for a layer.
- Click the Menu button in the upper right of the table view and click Export .
The Export Table dialog box appears. The Export Table dialog box runs the Export Table geoprocessing tool in the background when running the export table process.
- Type a name in the Output Name parameter of the tool.
- Optionally, click the Browse button for the Output Location parameter and browse to the folder or geodatabase where you want to place the exported data.
If the output table is in a folder, include a file extension such as .csv, .txt, or .dbf to export the table to that format. If the output table is in a geodatabase, you do not need to specify an extension.
- Click OK to run the tool and export the table.
The new table is saved to the specified location and added to the Contents pane.
Export a table from the Catalog pane or a catalog view
To export a table to another table type or feature class, complete the following steps:
- Right-click the table in the Catalog pane or a catalog view and click Export. Optionally, you can select multiple tables of the same type to export many in one batch.
- Click Export.
A list of available table types expands.
- Choose the type of table to export from the provided list:
- Table(s) to dBASE—Opens the Table To dBASE geoprocessing tool.
- Table to Table—Opens the Export Table geoprocessing tool.
- Table(s) to Geodatabase—Opens the Table To Geodatabase geoprocessing tool.
- Table to Point Feature Class—Opens the XY Table To Point geoprocessing tool.
- Table to Line Feature Class—Opens the XY To Line geoprocessing tool.
- Table to Ellipse Feature Class—Opens the Table To Ellipse geoprocessing tool.
- Table(s) to XML Workspace Document—Opens the Export XML Workspace Document geoprocessing tool. This option is available for geodatabase tables only.
The Geoprocessing pane appears, prepopulating the respective geoprocessing tool with the selected table name.
- Fill in any additional information required by the geoprocessing tool, and set the destination for the output result.
- Click Run to run the tool and export the table.