You can export selected records or all records in a table to create a new table. For example, you may want to modify a table without altering the original records, share the table with a colleague, or create a table with a particular set of records.
You can save the output table in a dBASE table, geodatabase, or comma-delimited .txt file.
To export records in a table to create a new table, complete the following steps:
- Right-click the table or layer in the Contents pane and choose either Open for a table or Attribute Table for a layer.
- Click the Menu button in the upper right of the table view.
- Click Export .
The Export Table dialog box appears. The Export Table dialog runs the Table to Table geoprocessing tool in the background when executing the export table process.
- In the Output Name parameter, type a name and set the destination for the output table.
The default output location is the project's file geodatabase. You can see this destination path by hovering over the output text box.
- Optionally, click the Browse button for the Output Location parameter and browse to the folder or geodatabase where you want to place the exported data.
If the output table is in a folder, include an extension such as .csv, .txt, or .dbf to make the table the specified format. If the output table is in a geodatabase, you do not need to specify an extension.
- Click OK in the Output Location window.
- Click OK to run the tool and export the table.
The new table is saved to the specified location and added to the Contents pane.