The trace network allows you to migrate geometric networks into ArcGIS Pro using the Convert Geometric Network To Trace Network tool. This process uses the input geometric network's configuration (junctions, edges, network weights, and weight assignments) to configure a new trace network.
The process to convert a geometric network to a trace network removes the geometric network and creates a trace network in place. You cannot undo this change. Back up your data before proceeding.
You must do the following before converting the network:
A trace network can be created with z-enabled feature classes to support 3D capabilities. Connectivity is established based on x, y, and z coincidence when the network topology is created. Connectivity is not determined using z unless all feature classes that participate in the trace network are z-enabled.
- When working with a file geodatabase, the input geodatabase workspace must be release 10.0 or later to support this functionality.
- When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the following requirements must be met.
The geodatabase version must be 10.8.1.2.6 or later.
- ArcGIS Enterprise must be 10.9 or later. The version of ArcGIS Pro determines the compatible ArcGIS Enterprise version. For more information, see ArcGIS platform compatibility.
- The Input Geometric Network parameter value must be from a database connection established as a database-authenticated user and owner of the geometric network. This user must have database privileges to create content and cannot be an OS-authenticated user, a database administrator, or the geodatabase administrator account. This database-authenticated user will become the database trace network owner on conversion to the trace network.
License:The active portal account must be assigned a license with the ArcGIS Advanced Editing user type extension to create, publish, and work with a trace network in an enterprise geodatabase.
- An active ArcGIS Enterprise portal must be added to the project with a portal account signed in that has privileges to publish content; this includes privileges to publish server-based layers as well as create, update, and delete content. The default Publisher role includes these privileges. The active ArcGIS Enterprise portal account is recorded in the network properties as the portal trace network owner on creation of the trace network.
A trace network can be created in a file, mobile, or enterprise geodatabase. To create a trace network in an enterprise geodatabase, the database platform must meet the minimum release in the table below. For more information, refer to the database requirements for ArcGIS Pro.
To convert a geometric network to a trace network, complete the following steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and choose the Convert Geometric Network To Trace Network tool.
- For the Input Geometric Network parameter, specify the geometric network to be converted in either a file or enterprise geodatabase.
- For Output Trace Network Name, specify a name for the output trace network.
- Click Run.
The input geometric network is converted and replaced with a new trace network in the feature dataset.