The Delete Trace Configuration tool allows you to delete one or more named trace configurations from a trace network.
The following requirements apply:
When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the input trace network must be from a trace network service.
- When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the connected portal account can delete only named trace configurations they create. The portal trace network owner and those with the administrator role can delete any trace configuration in the trace network.
- Deleted named trace configurations are permanently deleted from the trace network.
Deleting a named trace configuration shared in a web map removes any reference for the configuration and requires the named trace configuration to be re-created and shared through a new web map. Alternatively, the Alter operation, found on the Trace Configurations resource of the Trace Network service, can be used to perform an in-place modification of the trace configuration properties beginning with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.
Delete a named trace configuration
Follow these steps to delete a named trace configuration in the trace network:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Delete Trace Configuration.
The tool is located in the Trace Configuration toolset of the Trace Network toolbox.
- For Input Trace Network, specify a trace network.
- For Trace Configuration, select one or more named trace configurations from the list provided.
Creators other than the portal trace network owner and those in the administrator role can only view and delete named trace configurations they create.
- Click Run.