A network category is a tag used to represent a characteristic of an asset in your network. They are created and assigned to network features for specific asset group and asset type combinations.
Remove network categories from a utility network using the Delete Network Category tool.
For a network category to be deleted, it cannot be assigned to any asset types. First use the Set Network Category tool to remove network categories from all assigned asset types before deleting. The network properties can be reviewed to obtain a full list of asset types that have a network category assigned.
To delete a network category, the following requirements must be met:
- The network topology must be disabled.
- The network category cannot be assigned to any asset types.
- When working with an enterprise geodatabase, ensure the following:
Delete a category
To delete a network category, complete the following steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Delete Network Category.
- For the Input Utility Network parameter, specify a utility network.
- For the Category Name parameter, enter the category you want to delete.
- Click Run.
The category has been deleted from the specified utility network.