The Delete Trace Configuration tool provides the ability to delete one or more named trace configurations from a utility network.
The Input Utility Network parameter value must be version 5 or later.
When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the input utility network must be from a utility network service.
- When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the connected portal account can only delete named trace configurations it creates. The portal utility network owner or another portal user in the Administrator role can delete any named trace configuration in the utility network.
- Deleted named trace configurations are permanently deleted from the utility network.
Deleting a named trace configuration shared in a web map removes any reference for the configuration and will require it to be re-created and shared through a new web map. Alternatively, the Alter operation, found on the Trace Configuration resource of the Utility Network service, can be used to perform an in-place modification of the named trace configuration's properties beginning with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.
Follow these steps to delete a named trace configuration in the utility network:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Delete Trace Configuration.
The tool is located in the Trace Configuration toolset of the Utility Network toolbox.
- For Input Utility Network, specify a utility network.
- For Trace Configuration, select one or more named trace configurations from the list provided.
Creators other than the portal utility network owner can only view and delete named trace configurations they created.
- Click Run.