Locate the subnetwork controllers associated with a subnetwork by using the Trace tool with the Subnetwork Controllers trace type.
To learn more, see Utility network trace types.
To perform a subnetwork controller trace, the following requirements must be met:
Trace subnetwork controllers
To trace a subnetwork controller, complete the following steps:
- Ensure the utility network is available in an active map view and click the Utility Network tab.
The Utility Network tab is activated.
- Ensure one or more starting points exist in the map view. In the Tools group, click the Trace Locations command to open the Trace Locations pane. Set Starting Points and Barriers to use in the trace.
One or more starting points must be specified, while barriers are optional for subnetwork controller traces.
- On the Utility Network tab, in the Tools group, click Subnetwork Controllers.
The Trace tool opens for the utility network in the active map using the specified Trace Type parameter.
- For the Domain Network parameter, choose the domain network where you want to start the trace.
- To refine the traceable area, specify a tier for the Tier parameter.Trace configuration is loaded into the tool based on the Tier Definition.
- Apply additional configuration parameters as needed. Reference the Trace tool for a full list of tool parameters. Also see Configure a trace.
- Click Run.
The subnetwork controller or subnetwork controllers associated with the traced subnetwork are returned as a selection set.
If a valid subnetwork controller is not present or not connected to the specified starting points, an error is returned and the trace fails.