You can use the Set Edge Connectivity tool to control the editor snapping environment behavior for edge connectivity of line features and enable midspan connectivity on edge object tables. The default edge connectivity policy for features is End vertex.
Connectivity may be established with edge features such as lines and edge objects at two locations: an endpoint and a midspan vertex. An edge can support either endpoint connectivity alone or midspan and endpoint connectivity. Edge connectivity policies are used to control what type of connectivity a line or edge object supports. This is set for lines and edge objects in the structure network and domain networks at the asset group and asset type levels. This type of restriction helps control the editor snapping environment behavior in ArcGIS Pro and allows midspan connectivity to be established on edge object tables.
To set edge connectivity for a feature, the following requirements must be met:
- The network topology must be disabled.
- When working with an enterprise geodatabase, ensure the following:
- The Input Utility Network parameter must be from a database connection established as the database utility network owner.
- The connected ArcGIS Enterprise portal account must be the portal utility network owner.
To set edge connectivity for edge features, complete the following steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Set Edge Connectivity.
- For the Input Utility Network parameter, specify a utility network.
- For the Domain Network parameter, enter a domain network.
- For the Input Table parameter, enter a feature class or table.
- For the Asset Group parameter, enter an asset group.
- For the Asset Type parameter, enter the asset type you want to set the edge connectivity for.
- For the Edge Connectivity parameter, specify the type of edge connectivity that will be used:
- Any vertex—Allows features to connect anywhere along the line or edge object. This includes end vertices.
- End vertex—Allows features to only connect to the end vertices of a line or edge object.
- Click Run.
The edge connectivity is set.