Available with ArcGIS Pro Standard and Data Reviewer licenses.
ArcGIS Data Reviewer provides the following options for implementing automated review:
- Reviewer rules in a geodatabase
- Reviewer batch jobs
These capabilities are flexible and scalable to accommodate both small and large deployments. Depending on the needs of your organization and your deployment, you can automate data review of features from multiple sources, such as those stored in shapefiles, geodatabase feature classes and stand-alone tables, and web feature layers from ArcGIS Enterprise.
Reviewer rules in a geodatabase (attribute rule-based workflows)
Reviewer geodatabase rules are configured Data Reviewer checks that validate geodatabase feature classes and stand-alone tables using attribute rule-based workflows. Rules are created using tools in ArcGIS Pro and are stored in a geodatabase that can be shared by exporting to as a CSV or XML workspace document file.
Consider the following licensing requirements when implementing Reviewer-based attribute rule workflows:
- A Data Reviewer license for ArcGIS Pro and an ArcGIS Pro Standard or Advanced license are both required to create or modify a Reviewer-based attribute rule.
- A Data Reviewer license for ArcGIS Pro and an ArcGIS Pro Standard or Advanced license are both required to evaluate a Reviewer-based validation attribute rule in a file or mobile geodatabase.
- A Data Reviewer license for Enterprise and an ArcGIS Server Standard or Advanced license are both required to evaluate a Reviewer-based validation attribute rule in a branch versioned enterprise geodatabase.
Consider the following when implementing automated review using Reviewer geodatabase rules:
- Rules are created using tools in ArcGIS Pro.
- Geodatabase rules enable assessment of a feature’s quality during (constraint attribute rule) and after editing (validation attribute rule).
- Features and rows stored in geodatabase feature classes and stand-alone tables are supported.
- Errors are stored in system-maintained tables along with production data.
- Error phase and status information are managed automatically for errors created using validation attribute rules.
Reviewer batch jobs
Reviewer batch jobs contain configured Data Reviewer checks that validate features stored in feature classes (for example, geodatabase feature classes or shapefiles) and stand-alone tables. Batch jobs are created using tools in ArcMap and stored in a file (.rbj) that can be shared using project templates and packages in ArcGIS Pro.
Consider the following when implementing automated review using batch jobs:
- Rules are created using tools in ArcMap.
- A read-only permission on source data is required to create rules.
- Validation of features is supported using ArcMap (Batch Validate tool), geoprocessing (Execute Reviewer Batch Job tool), and ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) (Run Reviewer Batch Job step).
- Features from multiple data sources (geodatabases and shapefiles) are supported.
- Nonversioned and traditional versioned geodatabase sources are supported.
- Errors are stored in a specified geodatabase in a Reviewer dataset.
- Error phase and status information are managed manually using ArcMap (Reviewer table) or ArcGIS Pro (Reviewer Results pane).