Available with ArcGIS Pro Standard and Data Reviewer licenses.
The Nonlinear Segment check finds features that contain nonlinear segments. This includes polyline or polygon features that contain curves and arcs.
ArcGIS Data Reviewer checks support multiple methods for implementing automated review of data. The following table identifies the supported implementation methods for this check:
Reviewer batch job
Attribute (validation) rule
(ArcGIS Pro 2.6 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or later)
The Nonlinear Segment check identifies polyline or polygon features that contain nonlinear segments. Nonlinear segments include those that contain circular or elliptic arcs and Bézier curves. Nonlinear segments can impact analysis and sharing workflows.
The following are example industry scenarios for the Nonlinear Segment check:
- In national and defense mapping workflows, features that contain nonlinear segments can impact feature generalization and sharing to non-Esri data formats.
- In roadway management, centerline features that contain nonlinear segments can result in the creation of nonmonotonic routes.
- In network datasets, curves or arcs without vertex coincidence to straight line vertices create an impact in network connectivity.
The subtype to which the rule is applied.
A query that identifies the features to which the rule is applied.
A unique name for the rule.
This information is used to support data quality requirement traceability, automated reporting, and corrective workflows.
A description of the error you define when a noncompliant feature is found.
This information is used to provide guidance to facilitate corrective workflows.
The severity of the error assigned when a noncompliant feature is found.
This value indicates the importance of the error relative to other errors. Values range from 1 to 5, with 1 being the highest priority and 5 being the lowest.
The tag property of the rule.
This information is used in rule authoring and management workflows to support traceability and reporting of data quality requirements.
Consider the following when using the Nonlinear Segment check:
- Polyline and polygon feature layers are supported.
- The Attribute filter parameter is limited to comparison (=, <>, >, <, >=, <=) and logical (AND/OR, IN/NOT IN, LIKE/NOT LIKE, IS NULL) operators.
- The Attribute filter parameter does not support the following field types: Big Integer, Date Only, Time Only, and Timestamp Offset. If selected, the row header will turn red and will not allow the rule to save.