Available with ArcGIS Pro Standard and Data Reviewer licenses.
The Relationship check searches a relationship class to find violations of the relationship rules based on the conditions you specify.
ArcGIS Data Reviewer checks support multiple methods for implementing automated review of data. The following table identifies the supported implementation methods for this check:
Reviewer batch job
Attribute (validation) rule
(ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 or later)
Relationship classes associate feature and table records with one another. The tables in the relationship are assigned cardinality. If there is a prescribed relationship that has been set up for the feature class, features that are not part of it are returned as check results.
The subtype to which the rule is applied.
A query that identifies the features to which the rule is applied.
The relationship class to run the check on.
The relationship properties you want to validate.
The search goal enables properties of the relationship chosen as an input data source.
A unique name for the rule.
This information is used to support data quality requirement traceability, automated reporting, and corrective workflows.
A description of the error you define when a noncompliant feature is found.
This information is used to provide guidance to facilitate corrective workflows.
The severity of the error assigned when a noncompliant feature is found.
This value indicates the importance of the error relative to other errors. Values range from 1 to 5, with 1 being the highest priority and 5 being the lowest.
The tag property of the rule.
This information is used in rule authoring and management workflows to support traceability and reporting of data quality requirements.
Keep the following in mind when using the check:
- The Validation Status attribute values of both the origin and destination data sources referenced in the Relationship Class parameter are ignored during evaluation. For example, input features with a validation status of 0 (No calculation required, no validation required, no error), 1 (No calculation required, no validation required, has error(s)), 4 (Calculation required, no validation required, no error), or 5 (Calculation required, no validation required, has error(s)) are still included during rule evaluation.
- Data sources for the Relationship Class parameter must include a global ID field. In a many-to-many relationship class, the intermediate relationship class table must also contain a global ID field.
- Include both the origin and destination data sources referenced in the Relationship Class parameter when sharing web layers with the Validation capability enabled.
- The Attribute filter parameter is limited to comparison (=, <>, >, <, >=, <=) and logical (AND/OR, IN/NOT IN, LIKE/NOT LIKE, IS NULL) operators.
- The Attribute filter parameter does not support the following field types: Big Integer, Date Only, Time Only, and Timestamp Offset. If selected, the row header will turn red and will not allow the rule to save.