The Point At End of Line tool , creates a point feature at the end of a temporary line feature you draw using segment construction tools. Finishing the line feature deletes the line and creates the point feature. This tool is available in the Create Features pane with feature templates for point feature layers.
When you use this tool, consider the following:
- Z-aware point features are assigned z-values based on your current elevation settings.
- This tool is not available with multipoint feature layers.
To create a point feature at the end of a line, complete the following steps:
- Add your data and configure settings for editing.
Confirm the feature layer you are editing is editable, the coordinate system assigned to the active map is suitable for the type of edits you're performing, and snapping is configured to help you work efficiently and accurately.
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab. In the Features group, click Create .
- In the Create Features pane, click a point feature template and click the Point At End of Line tool .
To override default attribute values or change optional tool preferences, click the Active Template button .
- Click the map to create the first vertex for the temporary line feature.
Alternatively, right-click the map, click Absolute X,Y,Z and type the coordinate location.
- Move the pointer and complete the temporary line feature using the segment tools on the construction toolbar.
Alternatively, right-click the map and click the corresponding command to type a numeric value for a direction or distance..
- Click Finish , or press the F2 key to create the point feature.