On the Edit tab, in the Features group, Delete deletes selected features. It is also available on the context menu, and by pressing the Delete key.
You can delete parts of a multipart feature when you edit vertices or resume sketching a finished feature.
Delete a selected feature
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Select and select the feature you want to delete.
- Delete the selected feature using one of the following methods:
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Delete .
- Right-click and click Delete .
- Press the Delete key.
Delete a part of a multipart feature
Deleting a part removes its length and area from the sum totals stored in the feature shape attributes.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand Reshape and click one of the following:
- Continue Feature
The tool opens in the pane.
- In the pane, click Active Select , and select the multipart or multipoint feature containing the part you want to delete.
If you select more than one feature, click an item in the list to flash it in the map. Right-click the feature you want to edit and click Only Select This .
The selection appears as a list in the pane, and the construction toolbar appears at the bottom of the map.
- In the vertex table in the pane, click any row for the part.
- To verify the part on the map, right-click the row and click Flash.
- Right-click the row and do one of the following:
- For a multipart feature, click Part, and click Delete Part.
- For a multipoint feature, click Delete.
- Right-click and click Finish or press the F2 key.