The Enable COGO tool adds COGO attribute fields and COGO-enabled labeling to a polyline feature class. COGO fields are used to store survey measurements entered into COGO-aware editing tools.
When you enable COGO for a line feature class, consider the following:
- Editing workflows using COGO-enabled line features generally include turning on ground to grid correction to convert survey dimensions to grid measurements defined by the coordinate system of the source feature data.
- COGO-enabled shape files are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
To enable COGO for a line feature class, complete the following steps:
- Open the project and map containing the line feature layer to which you are adding COGO fields and labeling.
- On the ribbon, click the Analysis tab, and in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, in the search box, type COGO and press Enter.
- Click Enable COGO.
To remove COGO fields and labeling, run the Disable COGO tool.
- Click the Input Line Features drop-down arrow and the line feature layer to which you are adding COGO fields and labeling.
- Click Run .