You can represent voxel layers as volume or surfaces by switching between these modes in the Contents pane. You have several options to explore a voxel layer. If you are visualizing a continuous variable, you can create an isosurface to explore specific values. You can define an area of interest using slices, or create sections to explore different locations of the voxel layer. Use the Slice and Section toolbar to create and edit slices and sections.
Slice and Section toolbar tools
To enable the Slice and Section toolbar, click a voxel layer in the Contents pane. On the Data tab, in the Explore group, click Slice and Section .
The following tools are available on the Slice and Section toolbar:
- Vertical Section —Create a vertical section using two clicks.
- Horizontal Section —Creates a horizontal section using one click.
- Vertical Slice —Create a vertical slice of the voxel layer using two clicks.
- Horizontal Slice —Create a horizontal slice of the voxel layer using two clicks.
- Push or Pull —Push or pull the slice or section.
- Orient —Rotate the slice or section along a vertical line.
- Tilt —Rotate the slice or section along a horizontal line.
- Flip —Flip the culling direction.
- Delete —Delete the current slice or section.