Every text and graphic element has a default symbol or font. When working with text and graphic elements in a map, layout, or report, you can configure the default properties, such as the color of a line graphic symbol. When a default property is changed, it is applied to newly created graphic elements of that type.
Default fonts and styles for text elements as well as symbol and color settings for polygon, line, and point graphic elements are managed on the Options dialog box.
To change the default properties for text and graphic elements, follow these steps:
- On the Graphics tab, in the Insert group, click the Properties launcher button .
The Options dialog box appears.
- Under Application, click the Text and Graphics tab, if it is not already active.
- Modify the default font property or graphic element symbol settings.
- Optionally, click the image of the symbol to choose a symbol from a style to be used for specific graphic element types. On the Default Symbol dialog box, specify the symbol to be used, and click OK.
- Click OK again to apply the settings. To return all default property settings to their original values, click the Reset to Defaults button.