When using the Standard Label Engine, you can force the placement of all the labels belonging to a given label class on the map with the Place overlapping labels option. When this option is used, a label for each feature in this label class will be placed regardless of whether they overlap each other.
You should use this option with caution. Because all labels from the label class are placed, there is no guarantee the labels won't overlap each other.
- Ensure that the Standard Label Engine is enabled.
- Ensure that List By Labeling is the active method of displaying the Contents pane. Click the List By Labeling tab .
- Choose a label class in the Contents pane and click the Labeling tab.
- On the Labeling tab, in the Label Placement group, click Label Placement Properties .
- In the Labeling pane, click Position and click the Conflict resolution tab .
- Check the Place overlapping labels option.
To ensure that all labels in a layer or label class are placed on your map, confirm that the layer or label class is at the top of the Label Priority list, has a label weight of High, and has Place overlapping labels checked.