Available with ArcGIS Maritime license.
The S-58 Error Manager tool allows you to validate products in a maritime database using the IHO S-58 validation standard. You can validate an entire product, or the current extent of a product.
Complete the following steps to validate products using the S-58 Error Manager tool:
- Start ArcGIS Pro.
- Open a new or an existing project.
- Add maritime data to the Contents pane, if necessary.
The Maritime S-57 tab appears.
- On the Maritime S-57 tab, in the S-57 Editing group,
click S-58 Error Manager .
The S-58 Error Manager pane appears.
- Choose the geodatabase that contains the product.
- Optionally, click the Series drop-down arrow and choose a series to filter the product list.
This list contains all of the series available in the chosen geodatabase.
- Optionally, click the Product drop-down arrow and choose a product.
This list contains all the products in the chosen geodatabase. By default, the first product in the drop-down list is chosen. If you chose a series in step 6, the list of products is filtered by that series.
- Optionally, check the Current Extent check box to limit the validated data and the product list to those visible in the current extent.If you do not check the Current Extent check box, the entire product will be validated.
- Click Run.
The product or current extent is validated. The results of the validation are displayed in a tree view in the S-58 Error Manager pane.
To remove the validation results, right-click the S-58 Error Manager pane, then click Clear Validation Results.
S-58 error details
Once the validation process is completed, S-58 results are displayed in the S-58 Error Manager pane.
The tool honors the ignore list text file located in the S-58IgnoreList.txt file in the <installation location>\Resources\Maritime folder.
Each feature has a context menu attached with the following options:
- Select Feature
- Add To Selection
- Select All Features
- Zoom To
- Pan To
- Zoom to error geometry
- Pan to error geometry
Each related feature can be chosen and edited using the Attributes pane, which can be accessed through the Select and open Attributes tool. Primitive geometries associated with a specific error can be accessed through the Show/Hide primitive geometry option, while you can zoom to primitive geometry errors through the Zoom to primitive geometry option, whereas error geometries can be viewed through the Show/Hide error geometry option. Keeping track of which errors have been resolved is possible for one or a group of errors through check boxes.
Not all types of errors have associated error geometries or primitive geometries. The S-58 Error Manager tool allows you to identify topology errors. Once you identify them, you can decide which solution to use to fix them.