Available with Location Referencing license.
Characteristics of a route can be represented as point events with measure information along the route. Use the Add Point Event tool to create single point events in ArcGIS Pro.
The example in the following workflow demonstrates adding a point event at measure 5 on Route1 using the Add Point Event tool .
The following image shows the route attributes. The route (Route1) has measures from 0 to 20.
The following table details the route attributes:
|Route ID||From Date||To Date|
- Open the map in ArcGIS Pro and zoom in to the location where you want to add the point event.
- Click the Location Referencing tab, and in the Events group, click the Add drop-down menu and choose Point Event .
The Add Point Event pane appears.
Using the Route and Measure method, the measure location is based on the measure values from the selected route.
- Click Next.
The Route and Measure and Dates fields appear in the Add Point Event pane.
- Click the Event Layer drop-down arrow and choose the point event layer where you want to add the event.
The selected Network value is based on the selected event layer.
- Choose a route using any of the following options:
- Type a route name in the Route ID text box.
- Click Choose route from map , and on the map, click the point on the route where you want to add the point event.
The measure is initially populated using the route location where you clicked.
After clicking Choose route from map or Choose measure from map , you can hover over the routes to see the route and measure at the location of the pointer.
You can set map scale options for display of route and measure information on the Options dialog box, on the Location Referencing tab.
If a message regarding acquiring locks or reconciling appears, conflict prevention is enabled.
- Provide a new location by doing either of the following:
- Provide the value in the Measure text box.
- Click Choose measure on the map and choose the measure value along the route on the map.
Once the measure is provided, a green dot appears on the map at that measure location.
- The start date default value is today's date, but you can change the date by doing one of the following.
- Provide the start date in the Start Date text box.
- Click Calendar and choose the start date.
- Check the Route start date check box.
- Optionally, specify the end date for the point event by doing one of the following:
- Provide the end date in the End Date text box.
- Click Calendar and choose the end date.
- Check the Route end date check box.
If no end date is provided, the event remains valid now and into the future.
- Click Next.
The attributes for the point event layer in the feature service appear below Manage Attributes.
- Provide attribute value information for the event.
- Click Run.
A confirmation message appears once the new point event is added and appears on the map.
The following table details the point event:
|Event||Route ID||From Date||To Date||Measure||Location Error||Owner|
The following image shows the route and the associated event after the edit: