Include a supplemental page in a report to enhance it with supportive visual material. You can insert supplemental pages above or below the report or other supplemental pages. You can add both layouts that are in the project and external layout files (.pagx) as a supplemental page. Layouts in the project that you add as a supplemental page remain dynamic. Changes made after you add a supplemental page to a report are included when the report is shared. When inserting a layout file, the layout and all the maps it references are added to the project.
Add a supplemental page to a report
To include a supplemental page with your report, do the following:
- Right-click Report in the Contents pane. Alternatively, right-click an existing supplemental page in the report.
- To add the supplemental page above the selected item, click Add Page Above . To add the supplemental page below the selected item, click Add Page Below .
The Supplemental Page browse dialog box appears.
- Browse to the layout or layout file. Click OK.
Layouts of the same page size or smaller are recommended. A warning appears if the chosen layout has a page size that is larger than the report, as the resulting supplemental page will be clipped when shared.
The supplemental page is added to the report.
Replace a supplemental page in a report
Change the layout that a supplemental page references by doing the following:
- In the Contents pane, right-click the supplemental page to replace.
- Click Replace layout page .
The Supplemental Pages browse dialog box appears.
- Browse to the new layout or layout file. Click OK.
The supplemental page is updated to reflect the new source.
Remove a supplemental page from a report
Removing a supplemental page removes the link between the report and the layout. This does not remove the layout from the project. To remove a supplemental page from a report, right-click the supplemental page in the Contents pane and click Remove Page . Alternatively, right-click the supplemental page in the report document view and click Remove Page .